NWU Post-UTME regoistration, cut-off mark, eligibility, screening dates application cost and deadline for 2018/2019 academic session have been announced. Cut-off mark is 160. Cost is N2000. Deadline is July 25th. Screening holds August 6th-8th, 2018.
Candidates who have chosen North West University now Known as Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano as First Choice in the 2018/2019 application for admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), are invited to register ONLINE for and attend a SCREENING Exercise scheduled as follows:
Date: Monday 6th and Wednesday 8th August, 2018.
Time: 9:00am daily
Venue: Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano
- a) For UTME Candidates: Main Campus along Kabuga – Kofar Ruwa Road, Kano
- b) For D.E. Candidates: City Campus, Gidan Ado Bayero Kofar Nassarawa, Kano.
Only candidates who have met the following requirements are eligible for screening.
1. Candidates must have chosen the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano as first choice.
2. Must have scored a minimum of 160 and above in the 2018 JAMB UTME or applied for Direct Entry.
3. Must have registered in the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano 2018/2019 Admissions Screening PORTAL.
4. Must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics in SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
5. Must have possessed 2018 UTME result Slip or 2018 D.E online registration SLIP.
6. Must have obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result for DIRECT ENTRY (DE) Candidates.
7. D.E. Candidates with ND must have minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science based programmes and 3.5 for Arts based programmes respectively.
8. D.E. Candidates with N.C.E. must have minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes in the Faculty of Education.
9. D.E. Candidates with IJMB must have minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts based programmes respectively.
UTME Candidates will be required to write an APTITUTE TEST in English Language, Mathematics and General Studies on Monday 6th August, 2018, while D.E. Candidates will undergo a Screening Exercise on Wednesday 8th August, 2018.
Candidates should come along with original and photocopies of their credentials and online registration Acknowledgement Slip for the Aptitude Test or Screening Exercise on the dates stated above.
ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with the 2018 Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 11th July, 2018, while the closing date is Wednesday, 25th July, 2018 at midnight.
2. Candidates wishing to register should visit the University WEBSITE (www.nwu.edu.ng) and click on 2018 ADMISSION PORTAL to register for the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
3. Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as the Screening Charges.
4. Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
Mohammed Sani Aminu